Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day 18: Whatever tickles your fancy

Hm. I thought of this one earlier. And In anticipation of the new series of Glee, I give you my top five episodes of Series 1!

5. Mattress

This episode is the one that got me watching Glee. I regret not getting into it sooner, but Rachel and Terri turned me off from the show for awhile. Until I randomly watched this one. I think it was the 'Jump' performance got me hooked.







4. Theatricality

I think this is one of the more emotional episodes, with Burt sticking up for Kurt against Finn's comment, Finn dressing up in a bright red shower curtain to get on good terms with Kurt again, Puck's 'Beth' performance with the rest of the guys for Quinn. And Rachel's 'Poker Face' performance and talk with her mother.

Then there's the Bad Romance performance. which is funny. and Kurt. in his Alexander McQueen inspired costume.





Puck: What’s up with this Gaga dude? He just, like, dresses weird, right? Like Bowie?
Kurt: Lady Gaga is a woman! She's only the biggest pop act to come along in decades. She's boundary-pushing, the most theatrical performer of our generation, and she changes her look faster than Brit changes sexual partners.
Brittany: It's true.

Brittany: [To Rachel in toy costume] You look terrible. I look awesome.
(a toy falls off of Rachel's dress)
Kurt: And we have a jumper.

Kurt: I’m proud to be different, It’s the best thing about me

3. Laryngitis

I’m definitely happy with the episodes that have more of a storyline with Kurt, and boy does he have a storyline in this one. And I really love Rachel/Sean and New Direction’s performance of “One.” It’s one of the songs I never skip when It comes up on my ipod. That and Rose’s Turn, which is also in this episode.





2. Preggers

Haha, again with the Kurt storylines. In this one, we get to see him dancing to Single Ladies, and winning his first football game, for the rest of the team as well. And we see the second emotional scene with him (first with his dad though), with him coming out. I’m so glad Mike O’Malley’s a series regular now. And I love Lea Michele’s version of Taking Chances in this one too.





Kurt: My body is like a rum chocolate souffle; if I don't warm it up right, it doesn't rise.

Kurt: Hello, I'm Kurt Hummel and I'll be auditioning for the role of kicker.

Kurt: Dad. I have something that I want to say. I'm glad that you're proud of me. But I don't want to lie anymore. Being a part of the Glee Club and football has really shown me that I can be anything, and what I am… is… I'm gay.
Burt: I know.
Kurt: Really?
Burt: I've known since you were three. All you wanted for your birthday was a pair of sensible heels. I guess I'm not totally in love with the idea, but, if that's who you are, there's nothing I can do about it. And I love you just as much. Ok?

1. The Power of Madonna

This one is just fantastic. I never skip the Madonna songs on my ipod. And I love how brilliant Glee’s rendition of “Vogue” is. I just love Jane Lynch in that. XD “4 Minutes” is also a wonderful performance. It shows you how much of a range Kurt/Chris Colfer has. I love Finn and Rachel’s chemistry during “Borderline/Open your heart.” “What it feels like for a girl” is an amazing song. I love Santana’s voice in “Like a Virgin.” I love the girls performance of “Express Yourself,” as well as their outfits in it. And the ending performance with “Like a Prayer” is just stunning. Have I mentioned all of the songs? Yes I have. I just adore this episode a lot.





Kurt: Mercedes is black; I'm gay. We make culture.
Sue: How do you two not have a show on "Bravo?"

Will: What do you think of when you see that name (Madonna)
Rachel: Genius.
Kurt: Icon!
Puck: Hall of fame MILF.

Will: And I hate to say it: misogynistic.
Finn: I have no idea what that means.
Brittany: When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist…

Sue: As Madonna once said, I'm tough, I'm ambitious and if that makes me a bitch, that's what I am. Pretty sure she stole that line from Sue Sylvester. No, really. I said it first.

Sue: And here's the truth. I mercilessly pick on Will Schuester's lustrous, wavy hair because I am jealous. There I said it. [But I think Sue looks wonderful with her hair the way it is. :D]

See you all tomorrow for: A talent of mine

-Renae

No comments: