Sunday, January 17, 2010

Carpe Diem?

I’ve been thinking. How many times do we hear the words “Carpe Diem” and never act on them? Or how many times do we hear “make the best of today” or “live like it’s your last day on earth” and never do anything about it? I know I’m one of those people. I always think of things to do to make my days livelier, but I never do them when it comes to it. I always want to do something to “Seize the Day” but I’d always put it off for another day. I hear these statements all the time, and I want to live by them, but I never do. I think we all take our days for granted, and pretend like we’ll always have a sufficient amount of time. I find myself repeatedly saying “One of These Days…” I’ll do this, or I’ll do that… but I never end up doing it. I really do want to live by those words, I do. I can’t really say “Carpe Diem” to other people, unless I start living by those words myself, can I?

Cheerio
-Renae

1 comment:

Lioness said...

Very good...I feel the same way! We're all human and learning to trust God enough to live in the present, to actually just LIVE is not easy for us humans. :P

I think you can still tell it to others; it is one of your ideals, and though one might often fail to reach that ideal, it is still there and reminding others in turn is reminding oneself. :)

<3