Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Day Back to School. Always an adventure

Despite the fact of the car dilemma this morning, I had a pretty good day back to school.
So, I woke up this morning, on time, may I add, and had no troubles with my morning routine and getting out the door. We left on time to drop my dad at work with 45 minutes left to get to school. It doesn't take that long, normally. But, my dad just had to suggest putting gas into the car. Thus, we did, without problem. But, when my mom gets into the car again to take us to school, the car doesn't start. No power to the car. At all. So, we spent about 20 minutes looking for my dad at my parent's work, only for him to suggest moving the car out of the way of the gas pump. Sure, there's that, but how do my brother and I get to school? My brother and my mom ended up moving the car out of the way, with me taking a Taxi to school. First time experience in a taxi, not so bad. Only Mohinder Suresh wasn't driving. :D Of course he couldn't. The ride to school wasn't bad, as the driver was nice, and we talked a little bit. YAY FOR NO AWKWARD SILENCES.
But, with our dilemma this morning, I was late to school, so I had my mom excuse me from first period ( already?! ) heh.
Then I ended up going to the wrong locker, as I figured out in second period. There was already someone there this morning, and I already put my stuff in the locker.
Skip to second period, because I didn't get to Chem this morning.
Psychology: seems like a fun class! Our teacher, is pretty relaxed and enthusiastic, in a good way. My first impression of the class was good. We talked about why a few desks were turned in an odd way. and why people would move them back, or leave them.
no wrong answers, by the way. :D
Math: good teacher, will be a good class! I could've had this teacher in freshmen year, but I had the other one, who was also good at teaching math.
we read through a powerpoint while seeing some Youtube videos. one of which was really creepy. Look up "Mathemeticious" on youtube.
I have free period after math, so I got my stuff out of the locker I went to this morning, to put my stuff in the actual locker I'm supposed to be in. :D then I went outside, because the library is closed until friday, and it was nice out.
Lunch, which is after 4th period, seemed totally normal to our routine. it seemed so normal to go back to where my friends and I eat lunch.
I have french, 5th period, right after lunch. I'm loving this class already! I have a different teacher than I've had for the past 2 years. Not saying that my last teacher was bad. She's a good teacher. and I'm in a different room than I've been in as well. WITH MORE WINDOWS! and more comfortable desks. the chairs in the last room were so uncomfortable, mainly on the long period days. My new teacher is french, and english is her second language. So, when she speaks in english, she has the french accent, which I like. and I've heard that she's a great teacher as well. I'm looking foward to this class this year. I had to speak in french, about what I did this summer, with the bell ringing right after I'm done. But don't worry, the rest of the class has to speak tomorrow! and I'm done. for about a couple of days. :D I'm horrible at speaking it, but I understand it more.
6th period found me in history class. I like the room and how it's arranged. plus it has carpet and posters all over the walls. I like the atmosphere that carpet gives unlike hard floors. We went over what we're doing this year. ( lots of papers in the mix. ) and checked out our text book.
I'm in english 7th period, and I'm also liking it so far. our teacher, I've been told, tells great stories, and just is an overall friendly teacher.

I've had a good day. I love it when it turns good by the end of the day.
I've been at the library writing this up, because I'm not waiting at the school, because who knows what's happening with the car. >.<

No comments: